Wave of activities
As the title suggests, I have periods of inactivity and lethargy interspersed with bursts of outings, late nights and random meetups. It's all good though: it's better than being totally bored out flat.
Here is the view from my apartment, though you might have noticed that this time I've neglected to put up photos of my new home, mainly because it's homey and cosy but nothing too special. Come visit me if you wanna see what my new home is like :D
I caught a hot-air balloon at sunrise! And I managed to snap the shot right when the operator was........doing whatever hot-air balloon operators do that involve setting the balloon on fire :p
Here's a rainbow before a storm!
The view from my bedroom window on a lovely sunny day. I know my view is not that spectacular..
So what did I do this week that's worth talking about? Let me consult my spreadsheet...
OOH yeah I had wagyu beef. It was so..........bloody good, literally. Well at $110 a pop it'd better be! But yeah, even though I'm not a huge fan of red meat, I have to say that piece of carcass was so good I'd probably have gladly had another portion. Mmm (: The bill came up to $220 for 2 of us. Scary.
Here I have copy of the menu, however this is for today (Sunday, 27 July) but I had dinner last night. The swordfish belly I had isn't on the menu today, and was replaced by the king fish. So with our wagyu steaks, we had the Boiled Whole Organic Carrots Inspired By St John and the side salad of Radicchio, Cos and Endive Salad with Palm Sugar Vinaigrette.
Otherwise, I did a day trip to Ballarat. We didn't go gold-panning although I had half a mind to, but we did go to the aerodrome to watch the little plane do a circuit! That was the highlight for me. I just love watching planes taking off and landing.
The most beautiful spot in Ballarat would probably have to be the Lake Wendouree. I saw a lot of potential for that location, unfortunately the lake is all dried up and has been so for the past 3 years! How sad right! We had afternoon tea at the boathouse cafe by the lake, and I could just imagine the reverence of the scenery if only the lake was not dried up. Oh well.
We also visited the Kryal Castle, went around to the torture chamber (wax figures) and also checked out the torture devices. All that just reinforced my beliefs that the people back then were sick, sick individuals. Sadistic bastards. You people ought to google for the devices and be darn glad you're born this side of the century. Especially us ladies.
Besides my day trip and my dinner which pretty much would wipe out my allowance for half a month, I've been in for lots of breakfast treats this week. I just LOVE breakfasts. Sigh. I forsee another 10kgs on my ass.
Lastly, my favourite chocolate in the world is back in stores! My housemate found them for me, bless her sweet soul. So then I went out and bought another.............6 bars. Yup that's right, I did. I have already sourced out the whole-seller and I think this week I will ring them and ask if they do consumer sales. Yes, I'm crazy. I know.
***
Anyone coming to visit? SQ has $718 tickets and Malaysia Air has some for $600! Come and experience four seasons in a day! And I'll bring you to all my favourite breakfast places. Know what's the best part? They do all day breakfast so you don't even have to wake up early :D That's THE LIFE.

1 Comments:
xY ... is there anything interesting to do in Singapore? :( Sigh I'm so bored here. I just googled "things to do in Singapore" but ... you know. ARGH.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home