broken and battered, just waiting to be fried

Friday, June 26, 2009

So bored.

edit//

A very apt quote about organised religion from one of my thriller novels, 'Vengeance in Death' by J.D. Robb:

"Each had followers who were so sure they were right, that theirs was the only way. And throughout history they'd fought wars and shed oceans of blood to prove it."

//edit

I'm so bored. So so bored. I've finished one series "Catch Me Now" of 20 episodes in something like 3 days. I've read novel after novel. I've gone grocery shopping. I've cooked. I've even started to move of some my stuff to my new place. I guess the only thing I haven't done is to clean the house.............oh, which I have no inclination to.

My whirlwind trip back home was exactly that: too quick. After my Bio paper on Monday (which went well, I think, save for questions which I didn't study like "Name the 3 muscles that make up the hamstring"... Wtf) I was tempted, thoroughly tempted to go back home again. But even though Qantas had a ticket for $750, that's still too much money to be frivolously spent just because I'm bored. Even if I bought $10 worth of chocolate everyday it'd still cost less than the air ticket. Pooooi. Sian.

Oh but if I hadn't already raved about this: my flight here was soooooo shiok! 3 seats, 4 pillows and 3 blankets ALL to myself. That was so wonderful. There was yummy fish for dinner/supper and continental breakfast (which means, bread, unfortunately) and novelty like cheese and crackers and... Emirates chocolates. I kind of wished that the flight was three times as long (but also because I was reluctant to come back to Melb.) And I watched Twilight, which I have to say is kind of lame. No, VERY lame. Sorry, fans.

BUT. It was so much fun, my trip back! Thanks to my family and friends and long-lost classmates (who'd probably never see this). It was something like all the good times that I've had in 20 years of my life condensed into 3 weeks. There was heck a lot of partying (by my standards), too much food (which is ALWAYS a good thing and we got to do the MAKAN TRAIL when I next go back) and, hey, I didn't put on weight at all! In fact in the first week that I'm back here (that's last week) I lost 1kg. Hahaha.

I slept not more than 4hrs a night I think, and my last Wednesday back I actually did a 24-hour day: waking up at 5am to check-out and catch the flight back from Phuket, getting home and packing a bit, then heading out to meet Lizhen (who'll not see this!) and out to Dbl O... Slept at 5am. Haha. That was just crazy. Maybe that's why I lost weight! Hmm.

So I only have one photo on hand to put up, which is my aunt's roast pork/duck. Mmm... Cravings, cravings!

I truly miss Asia. Singapore, and Thailand. Ahhh my Thai food and my scooter.. Sigh.

In other news, I will be moving next week. It's a condo, with gym and indoor pool (which CLAIMS to be heated). My new housemates are even bigger health nuts than I am and probably will ever be, which should make staying with them quite an interesting experience. They even buy organic meats! I don't even consider organic produce at all. Not with the kind of price tag they sport.

Oh man am I bored. GRAAAAAAAAACE COME VISIT MEEEEEEEEE (and Ros)! The rest of you: uh, save up for the next time I go back so we can eat some more. May the next 6 months FLY BY.

(No pun intended, I'm not a Blue fan. Haha.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Zed Ngoh said...

thank you.

Monday, June 29, 2009 1:39:00 PM  
Blogger grace said...

ahahahaha at the fly by thing. I loved Blue with all my heart and soul. How silly! I cringe sometimes when I think about the days when I would pledge my undying love to them. Okay, pray the supid melb's flu status would go fast down!

Monday, June 29, 2009 1:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home