long overdue update
This is sooo long overdue, my entry'd probably be as long as the Nile. I'll let the pictures do the talking.
After the Christmas Eve revelry, there was the Boxing Day revelry - with Ven at Saraca Road
The desserts were wonderful. And that's a picture of me wearing plastic spectacles that light up screaming "2009"
After the Saraca thing I still had supper with qy and Foo and gang at Al-Ameen

This is EVERYONE. Like some mafia meeting la.
"Love-Bite" :) in marker ink that's washable on fabrics but not on human skin! Oh!
Abby, possibly the prettiest maid you'll ever see. HAHAHA she'll never see this entry so she'll not be able to kill me for it :D
I'm so gonna miss hawker food and prata crap when I leave. Sigh.
Next, New Year's Eve stayover at Geri's, whereby we missed the actual stroke of midnight because we were undecided about whether to watch the countdown on TV, and thereafter spent the whole night playing Wii and slept only 2hrs or so and Travis didn't sleep at all. Amazing.
I love this bunch of people, so much.
I started the New Year with a trip to Bangkok with my brother and then extended my stay with a friend's family (total 5 days!), who lives on the 50th (the top) storey of a block of beautiful serviced apartments. The sunrise-and-sets were simply gorgeous, despite the fog.
We went to Jim Thompson's house and played tourist with the other farangs. I was marginally disappointed, really expected his house to be more.......luxurious and gilded, somehow. But nonetheless it was still a great eye-opener. Didn't get to go to JT's BKK factory outlet though :/
This has got to be the largest stingray I've seen in reality. I had half a thought that if I stood too close to the edge of the pond the ray might flip it's tail up and barb me.
Computers nowadays are too smart!
Such an old-school presentation of cinema shows
Christmas decorations. Coke-can christmas tree; Ferrero Rocher christmas tree! With so many plucked off and eaten! Hilarious.
Lobby area of my friend's apartments, and the restaurant
The room I stayed in at my friend's. That's me all snuggled up under the covers watching Friends and Simpsons at 2.30am. 4 fluffy pillows!! All to myself!! Awesomeness.
The bathroom! Can play badminton ah! Ok, I exaggerate. Maybe squash.. An amusing brand of handwash! (NS guys will understand.)
View from the top. Look at the famous terrible Bangkok traffic jam.. The cars are so colourful they look like Matchbox cars!
This is looking down the heart of 50 flights of stairs...
FAKE BREAD that looks so freakin' real
Chocolate display at Siam Paragon
After 5 days of Bangkok's street, this is how my originally PINK pair of slippers looks like. Freakin' dusty.
***
So. That was Bangkok for you. Not very interesting, but I can see the appeal to shoppers. I personally liked Chinatown very much because of the wholesale goods, and the University area, because it's a Bangkok version of Holland Village. Otherwise, the street crap is amazingly delicious (as street crap all over the world is) and I actually spent only about $100 (personal expenditure) for 5 days this trip. Thanks to my mom, my brother and my hosts for letting me freeload.
Next.. Look at the pretty pretty CNY decor at Paragon! So lovely.
And then I had an amazing lunch with my long-missed girlfriends. Hanabi's saba shioyaki is THE BEST I've ever eaten. I ate so much (think like 8 pieces the size of your palm) that for the whole of next day my pee smelled like it. After the buffet we adjourned to Island Creamery, where we were treated to views of the underside of a gecko. So cute, the pads. And if ice cream wasn't enough.... Thereafter we headed to Choupinette for coffee. Love the interior: the mish-mash of different themes makes the whole cafe so homely and cosy.
It's strange that even though all of us will be in Australia once I get there, I feel like I'm further apart from them than if I were in SG. Sigh :(
AND IT'S THERE THAT I GOT TO SIT IN A FREAKING LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO *HYPERVENTILATES*
Freak. Gotta get me one of those.
Look! This block of apartments look's like a pig. :D
Oh here are some pictures of the lotus and water lily flowers they grew at my guard house. Soooo pretty. I have a new favourite scent: lotus. It has this lovely refreshingly-spiced smell.
And look! This is how my neighbour dries his/her socks! Super funny.
Ok I still have stuff from November that I haven't blogged about... But never mind la I'm super sian already haha. Another day!
***
To all those who don't already know, I'm leaving on 14th February 2009, on SQ 237 departing at 23:40hrs from Terminal 3. Come send me off if you've got nothing better to do; I probably won't hunt you down if you don't.
(I don't think there're people who don't already know 'cos very few people read this... Plus 80% of my friends are in Australia anyway. Haha.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home