broken and battered, just waiting to be fried

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

burnt again

I burnt my fingers on Sunday during a BBQ, and today I burnt my ankle on the motorbike engine, AGAIN. And on top of that, I failed my bike lesson, AGAIN. This is the bloody 4th time I'm failing it. SHIIIITTT.

Last lesson there was this smart aleck FIndian who refused to stop at the stop line (IMMEDIATE FAILURE!!) and I couldn't help laughing at his arrogance.

This lesson, there was a FChina man who never gave way to the fellow bike students. When we form up in 2 rows to make a left turn, 1st row left guy will go followed by 1st row right guy, then 2nd row left guy. Get the picture? Well, I was 1st row left person and FChina man was 1st row right guy, he didn't even signal to me that he intended to turn first and zoomed out. Gave me a start and I felt like killing him. Like pinning him under the bike and burn him. I was so fucking shit pissed. Hate these foreign talents. You see them clipping their nails on the bus/train, you see them taking up a few seats for one body on the bus/train during freaking rush hour, you see them cutting queues left right centre up and down, you hear them talking loudly in the bus/train. Fuck the FTs. They're all FuckTards.

Sorry for vulgarities, just being very patriotic here so don't sue me.

I talked about the car problem yesterday, and I forgot to mention that my own condo has a huge car problem of its own: not enough parking lots to accommodate everyone. There are 184 units in my estate, and only 189 lots in total to service us. This means there's 1 for each unit and 5 spares. But now, parking is so overwhelming that those who come home late at night, even the residents themselves, find that they have to park outside the condo gate. That's just plain ridiculous right? You pay for 1.027 lots and you have to park outside.

(I also just want to add that the road outside my house is a 2-lane, single-white-line-down-the-middle road. To non-drivers, this means you're not allowed to park on either side of the road at all times. So, yes, we're a special case now on the TP's radar. It's so bad it has come to this.)

So, the commitee is looking to turn the empty plot of grassland beside my estate into a public carpark. However, I forsee a great problem: who's going to pay for it? Definitely not fully gahmen-sponsored, since it'd be mostly utilised by residents of my estate. Which means the cost will be passed on to us. But why should I pay for the public carpark to be built? In the first place, my household doesn't even own a car. Our lot has been forfeited to someone's SECOND OR THIRD car. In that sense already we're at an unfair disadvantage. So, fine, nothing we can do about that. Then, the commitee comes and says that they're looking into revoking the 3rd or 2nd car licenses. NOW WHY THE HECK DON'T YOU JUST DO IT FREAKING STRAIGHT AWAY???

Know why? Because the chairman of the commitee himself owns 3 cars.

I see. So that's how the game is played. Maybe mr. chairman works for the gahmen too that's why he thinks like they do.

Well, so my objective solution? Charge the 3rd and 2nd cars! So easy peasy! Those who have 3rd and 2nd cars will pool funds to build the public carpark. They'll then be issued only ONE car label so that at any one time only ONE car per household is allowed to park in the condo carpark. No label but still want to park?? Then....

WHEEL-CLAMP.

Excess from funds pooled that wasn't used in the construction of the public carpark will go into the maintenance of the public carpark. You think one carpark build already don't need to maintain?? Plus who's money is it?? The residents'. So those 3rd- and 2nd- car owners will have the honour of footing that bill. Leave the rest of us who have no/one car alone.

But then, we forget, chairman got 3 cars himself.. So chairman would not approve of abovesaid idea. Then like that how? I will sure protest.

I know. I go downstairs now and barricade one lot. If asked, I'll say, Oh mr chairman, you see, my unit is entitled to one lot so I'm just reserving my lot now so when I'm rich like you in future and can get a car then I'll use this lot. Meanwhile, my brother will park his bike here, and my boyfriend too. After all, one car = four bikes.

I think the parking system at Mimosa Park is good. They label each lot with the unit number so you can really make noise and maybe also scratch any uninvited cars occupying your lot. And the uninvited driver cannot sue you because it's labelled so clearly that it's bloody your lot.

Today, I also had brunch with Zhili at Essential Brew, who has once again failed to impress me much with their food. We had the Fish n Chips, Green Tea Prawn Salad, Sauteed New Potatoes and Apple Crumble. The only thing I liked was the Berry-drink-thing, which was saved by the always yummy New Zealand naturals vanilla ice cream.

Nonetheless, it wasn't too expensive ($11 each, we shared) and very filling. It was also cool to be the only customers there. Oh, however, I didn't appreciate that they charged for the extra tartare sauces we asked for. Freaking 50cents each. Didn't even inform us about it till I saw it in the bill. I hate this kind of culture, just like they do in Swensen's. That's why I never eat at Swensen's unless I absolutely have to because it's someone's birthday. EVERYBODY BE WARNED!!! SWENSEN'S CHARGES 90-FREAKING-CENTS FOR EXTRA WHIPPED CREAM SO DON'T EVER ORDER EXTRA WHIPPED CREAM!!! Plus, Swensen's food is WORSE than Essential Brew's. Their baked rice, especially bad, is like baby food and tastes equally bland. I usually smother my serving with tabasco and parmesan cheese.

Damn all these greedy businesses. Damn you all.

Highly incongruent with my angsty post, a happy picture of us:

Sorry to block you, woman, I know have too much hair but I'm not complaining.

1 Comments:

Blogger yueying said...

you deserve a standing ovation for your 2 "speeches" and more pple will watch you than they'd watch the rally. but i hope your posts dont get discovered by the wrong pple haha.

Friday, August 22, 2008 9:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home