broken and battered, just waiting to be fried

Friday, June 6, 2008

Life of a CONsumer

The "Great" Singapore Sale is here, where everything is marked down 50% and retailers are still able to reap huge profits. What does this tell you? That when you pay the normal selling price, you're actually paying more than twice the actual cost of the item, maybe even trebled or quadrupled. No wonder the common tip for bargaining in like China and Thailand is: always try to cut the price by at least half.

All these CON men... Even Gelare is CONniving. How can you survive by selling everything at marked down rates for one day of the week? Obviously the profit margin must be so great that even if they were to sell it at $1 for each waffle they'd still be richer than us plebeians and can wipe their asses with ten-dollar bills.

That said, I'm a CON-sumer (pun intended) so what to do, suck thumb lor. My best, least-kena-CONned buy of this sale is probably the 3 bras I got at la Senza for $20 each. Not too cheap (CONsidering it's 'fabrique-en-China'), but freaking-so-comfortable so I'm happy getting CONned. But only for this time.

On to other issues, I have -get this- started using Facebook. *gasp!* Yes the unthinkable has happened and it has happened to the most unlikely of people. But oh wells when there's nothing to do, suddenly looking for people with whom you haven't spoken in at least 2 years is very, very exciting.


Clever marketing


And, my personal best at Solitaire is a mere 65 seconds! Hah. Beat that, somebody.

Shit. I need to get a life. Better go continue with my bike lessons.

Keep the goal in mind!

2 Comments:

Blogger grace said...

oh no, are you bored?

Sunday, June 08, 2008 7:12:00 PM  
Blogger xY said...

At times I am, but most other times I still enjoy having nothing to do :p

Monday, June 09, 2008 1:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home