broken and battered, just waiting to be fried

Monday, March 31, 2008

Continuum!

YES, TERRI, I DETEST CHINATOWN AND ALL THE PEOPLE THERE! I have no idea how I survived one year there either, but I'm quite sure the bitching and dirty looks and outright displays of disgust of the people there helped. Oh and I tried to go toilet as seldom as possible, and hoped the Chinapeople who came into the office didn't think I was Chinese. And thank goodness I left before my company started selling China airfares again and China tours. Can't bear to think about handling so many more Chinapeople. *shudders*

Ok let's proceed with the next segment of my photo-documentary. Haha.

*

8. Redang with Dan (and Alvurs) - Apr 2007

This was our 2nd time to Redang at a different time of the year. Conclusion: June time gives calmer seas and better weather. But if you guys are planning to go then better go soon!! Chinapeople are infesting the place and you know what happens when they do... Dirty beaches, loud and noisy atmosphere, no food on the buffet table, no available beach chairs, Chinapeople in pool - fully clothed... God knows what they do in the pool and on the beaches. Yucks.

That aside, I had a lovely time still, getting baked and burnt and exhausted swimming 100m out to sea to see baby black-tip sharks, in an impending storm. Boy, we sure were crazy when we were young..

All hail King Daniel - His Royal Majesty of Hedonism


Redang, still beautiful and postcard perfect




Tropical snow


This trip, we gave free rein to our inner children and played with a lot of sand!


Giant snail


Sand man......


......beheaded!


That's my best friend, Mr Sea Cucumber, in a tidal pond. We meet at low tide.


Le Dream (Château des Rêves) - Dan's sand castle complete with a pool and archways!



Some other family's abandoned pyramid, which I adorned with lines


It took many tries and many mounds of sand to take this shot


Dan's Easter Island head


Dan's City in the Corner, with Easter Island head as guard.



Check out the cute steps


Oh yeah some angmoh actually applauded when he saw the City. Haha.

Underwater world - Crown of Thorns


NEMO!! I love catching them with my hands


King of the Mound


Interesting coral. It's as if it grew around a starfish


Blue clam


The baby black-tip! Sorry, visibility is very low due to impending storm overhead and camera was fogging up due to temperature.


Fishes attacking a bag of bread


Stupid Admiral fish bit me, all thanks to my sausage-flavoured pee (I had so many for breakfast)



Reflections in the sand and happy people


*

9. Quick trip to Batam with Dan - Feb 2007

Primarily for spa and bowling, we had fun doing nothing


*

10. Minahasa diving trip with Dan - Dec 2006

This was my 2nd diving trip back to Manado. Still beautiful! And it was fun with minimal adult supervision (parents all not around, only dive instructor and friends), and of course, the fireworks!! And it's thanks to all my diving trips that I put on 3.5kg in 8 days.

Beautiful




Not many pictures because we took a lot of videos instead.

*

11. Rawa Island with Dan and my parents - Jun 2006

Super small island with nothing to do! Not that I'm complaining. Oh but there were many many dead jellyfishes around.



Sunsets were beautiful



By night we played mahjong


and exploded an ashtray while trying to toast marshmallows...



So we moved down to the beach





Oh we also played Titanic


and went sailing


English?




*

Ok once again I shall continue another time!

4 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

Hey!

Thanks for helping with the costing. I'm considering the Australian Zoo if I visit Sunshine Coast but then again, travelling and getting to the Zoo itself is a huge problem for us. That fellow from 5 Stars hasn't got back to us (she probably chickened out) but I feel sad for Tourism Aust that no agencies in S'pore could provide at least a quote of some logical method to get around (ahem, how much time did the Aussies spend trying to come up with the land tour agenda and its costs?). The thing I like about Sunshine Coast: its hour long camel ride along the beach. I think thats a very ideal way to destress. Thats the reason why we travel right? To get away from stress of the city life.

Alright, thanks. I'm back to work. Today's blogging topic will be why men are such weaklings. I'm getting so pissed off by "Politician" and I'd definitely come up with sth to bitch about. Ha! Try me.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 11:32:00 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

And I've forgotten to add in this line: I LOVE YOUR LIFE!!!

Those photos are brilliant! And I can expect those that got embedded into your skull's even more coloured than the most beautiful picture. Keep them in a safe place and lock them with a safe-deposit key. Let's plan to go somewhere THAT nice together. It'd be an eye-opening for us, okay, at least for me.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

You've appeared!

Thanks for the costing. I'd let Mum know. Sigh. So expesive!!! Do you know I've haven't got any memories of the sunset or sunrise or simply anything scenic thats common out of Singapore? All I remembered was this image of a smoking volcano at Medan, Indonesia. Haha. I'm pathetic. 1 hour more at work. I'm so in need of chocolate.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 7:36:00 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Hey!!!

We should just go somewhere cheap and good and fun and stress-free. If we can't find any place with that criteria, i think it'd be just as fun if we book a chalet at downtown east for a night or two. Start planning.

Any plans to go overseas this semester?

Thursday, April 03, 2008 1:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home