Methinks I'm too boring
Terri thinks I should blog more. Oh, maybe. But life for me now is not much worth blogging about! Would anyone like to know that I spent my past week watching American Pies 1, 2 & 3, John Tucker Must Die, a few episodes of Friends and Simpsons, The Incredibles, and a heck of a lot of funny videos (thanks to youtube). Heck, I'm such a boring person.
So.. Maybe I can do a photo documentation of all the short vacations I've taken since I met Dan. Starting with the most recent!
*
1. Pulai Springs Johor with Dan and his parents - Dec 2007
(Pictures from the website turn out to be super blurry so just go check out their website! They have beautifully-appointed rooms and the resort compound on the whole is nicely landscaped.)
This golf resort is amazingly equipped. They've literally got everything you need... They had a library which, as usual, was my haunting ground. Then there's the theaterette. And the shower "rooms" (more like "compound") for each gender had their own jacuzzi hot tub and sauna etc. The works. And the pool area was beautiful. So was the room! Very cosy. We took the 2-bedroom unit and each room had ensuite bathrooms. Coolness.
*
2. Phuket with Dan - Dec 2007
We stayed at Phulin, which had a humongous tub
and we went caving
and made our own Krathong! :D
Also caught all the beautiful sunsets
Rode my scooter :D and caught my cruise ship! :D
*
3. 2N Malaysia Getaway Cruise aboard Royal Caribbean's Rhapsody of the Seas with Leeching (and my manager and my MD..) - Dec 2007
This, obviously, was not my stateroom (this was one of the suites) heh. However, the beds was super comfortable!!! And the ship was truly like a floating hotel. All 79,000 tonnes of it.
Once again, the library was my haunting ground. I AM a really boring person! Haha. I DIDN'T EVEN GO TO KLCC FOR SHOPPING.
*
4. Phuket with Dan - Nov 2007
This may be my most favouritest of Phuket trips... We launched our very own "kom"! (That's "lantern".) And we launched it twice! The only problem was... We didn't bring a camera. Damn.
Super romantic, I tell you. I promise myself I will go for the true blue authentic full-blown Loy Krathong one year. I swear. If not this year because Dan is busy I will go after I finish my Uni (air ticket to Phuket from Brisbane is mother ex!!). Super romantic!! :D Oh and we stayed at Centara (click on the space if the picture doesn't show):
And we did all the usual :)
*
5. Phuket with Dan - Sep 2007
MOEVENPICK!!!!! That was the major major draw of this trip. They have the MOST AMAZING BEDS I'VE EVER HAD THE FORTUNE TO SLEEP ON. (By the way, the Rhapsody of the Seas beds rank 2nd.) Strangely, we didn't take any pictures of the bed haha.
Impeccable service, AMAZING ARRAY OF FOOD at breakfast and, well, let's just say Swiss hospitality management plus Thai friendliness and service equals one heck of a hotel stay.
And, of course, the usual: sunsets and Ratri!
*
6. Phuket with my manager - Jul 2007
Amazing, I actually freaking deleted the folder of photos!! Never mind, you guys can check it out online at my shutterfly account or I can go get them from my manager.
*
7. Phuket with Dan - Jun 2007
This was our first trip to Phuket. We stayed 2 nights at a villa on Phi Phi Island and indulged in an excess of Thai pancakes and Thai sausages. They were freaking so delicious. Everytime we passed by the stall we HAD to get a pancake each. Haha. Only 25 baht! (That's about S$1.10.)
You could play badminton in the huge room!
But at night when the tropical storms hit, it verged on being scary. Heck, I was scared shitless. The trees were bending in the wind. They weren't even swaying, they were bending. And it was all dark because the public lights were switched off to conserve electricity and being on an island, there was no lights from like other buildings and whatsoever. Shit scary. Thank God for simple comforts like Daniel. But by day, Phi Phi is as lovely as it is reputed to be.
We hung out at the cosy Carpe Diem which had excellent drinks. They also had fire dance performances in the evening. The angmohs took lessons!
They had a pet eagle, and check out the King Fish we saw at another seafood restaurant. So huge! (Compare its size to my palm.) I always tease Dan that he's as bald as that eagle :D
The boat ride back was the worst roller coaster ride I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. It was freaking STORMING out in the OPEN SEA and with every rise and dip of the vessel my heart (and stomach) literally leapt and churned and complained inside my thoracic cavity. I swear. It's was the longest 2hr ride of my life. And know what I saw? At the bow of the passenger section (and everyone knows the bow gives the worst experiences...) THERE WAS A FREAKING THAI MAN SLEEPING. And there I was making pleas and promises and bargains with God in hopes of living through that ride. And you know things don't look good when the boat people come around to give out puke bags and the vessel structure creaks with every battering of the waves (you can literally feel the vessel move sideways). By the way, this vessel was akin to those you take to Batam and Bintan - quite big! And still... *shudders*
So, we made it back in one piece, and adjourned to Deevana for 2 nights, where we had a room with our own jacuzzi pool :D
Oh look, that's me!
We caught the sunsets, and watched as the ambiance brought out passion and romance in the beachgoers and fellow sunset-watchers.
(check out the top-left corner!)
*
Ok this is getting really really long so I shall continue next week! I like blog posts with a lot of pictures so... Yeah. Each time I say we are done for with Phuket and then I keep getting withdrawal syndrome haha. Well.
Thanks for stopping by! And, of course, your patience too. :)



2 Comments:
Hey...
I think your life is interesting!! You know, i haven't seen anything apart from the Singapore Sun since i-don't-know-when. Haha. Well, I'm happy to know that the Hong Kong Sun is waiting for us in 34 days... Haha!
Alright, its back to work now. Monday and the server's down. SO much for being efficient.
Hey...
You finally came online. Its about time to go home already, but I'd still blog. I'd blog until the very last second.
Mum's interested in Vietnam. Any recoomendations? We have no idea where to go but Mum wants Ho Chin Minh instead of Hanoi. Where would you be going if its Vietnam? We don't really like the idea of assembling there and then joining other international travellers for the tour.
Aust is damn expensive. Remember the Best Of Aust thingy? 5 Stars quoted us a rough guide, more than two thousand bucks for just 6 days in Gold Coast (without any theme parks or transfers). Not worth the $$.
Talk again tmr!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home