broken and battered, just waiting to be fried

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

ERP woes

Ok with the long-drawn out debates on whether ERP malfunctions are due to faulty IU units or un-gemplus-ed NETS cards or both... Nobody seemed to question the gantries per se. So, here I pose a question to all you people out there:

Have you ever considered that maybe the ERP gantries are malfunctioning (on purpose)?

I mean, if there's a way to earn more money, why not right? Plus knowing Singaporeans to be Singaporeans, how many motorists would actually bother to go down to 3 locations just to attempt at getting their $10 waived? Yes, it's been reduced to 1 location now but hey, we're busy people, 1 location is still one too many.

It's reported that LTA receives 300-400 complaints a month.

Do you think that's the full and actual figure of affected motorists? I'm sure there's at least another 100-200 who sigh in resignation at the red light blinking on their IU units and account it being "walau damn suay, kena again".

Wonder where all our money goes to...

EDITED

Ok so 300+ is an error rate of (quote)JUST(unquote) 0.003%. So am I supposed to be convinced that that's a small value? Imagine if you embezzle 0.003% of x sum of money. That's not bad enough?? You mean I'd only get charged for embezzling, say, more than 30% of x sum of money??

As with what mr brown pointed out ("Park connectors are designed by people who don't ride bicycles. I appreciate the ability to ride to parks, but I'd rather ride into town, thank you very much."), it seems the policy-makers who came up with the coughbrilliantcough plan for ERP don't pay ERP themselves. Or perhaps they are issued with super extra gem-gemplus-ed cards so they don't have such problems? Or maybe they do, it's just that either the $10 is waived automatically (kakinang!) or the chauffeurs are the ones who have to make the 3 stops (now 1, I know, and also only 15 minutes) to get the $10 waived. OR, $10 is a drop in the $1 million ocean of their paycheck so if the IU unit blinks that annoying red light, it doesn't matter.

Shit I wish I could also wipe my ass with $10 bills...

*

Do check this link out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home