broken and battered, just waiting to be fried

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

F*cking drivers

I want to complain.

Today is 18 June 2008, a Wednesday. This evening at 7.45pm I was crossing the pedestrian crossing in front of Bukit Panjang Community Centre legally with the 'green man' lighted. A car with number plate SFP 7635 U sped through the pedestrian crossing, not only beating the red light, but also endangering the pedestrians at the crossing. If Terri hadn't called out a warning, I might not be sitting here now. In the first place, it was RED light for cars. Secondly, the road came from Bangkit -- why the f*cking heck are you freaking speeding on a neighbourhood road? Rushing to be reincarnated?

I am so incensed that I shall list out possible offences committed and their penalties in order of severity:

1. Careless driving - 6 points, fine of $150

2. Failing to give way to pedestrian at pedestrian crossing - 6 points, fine of $150

3. Unable to stop your vehicle before reaching a pedestrian crossing - 6 points, fine of $150

4. Failing to allow free and uninterrupted passage to pedestrian - 6 points, fine of $150

5. Driving without due care or reasonable consideration for other road users - 9 points, fine of $170

6. Failing to conform to red light signals - 12 points, fine of $200

Total of 45 points and a fine of $970 -- this could keep that errant driver suspended for up to 3 years, hooray.

Maybe I should send this out to the newspapers. No proof, so the driver can't be prosecuted, but it should be good to embarrass her. Yes, her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home