Phuket, for the 6th time
EDITED:
I would also like to add that Daniel drooled on my knee on the flight back! Ewwww ~@#$%^&*!!!
Here are some photos, more when I get the rest. Rather difficult to consolidate all the shots as there were 4 separate cameras on this trip...
As for "How was the trip?" questions, well... You'll probably hear about it from me sooner or later, one way or another.
First up, lots of (very adorable) stray creatures! Dogs, cats, chickens... You name it, Thailand probably has it.
I LOVE THIS DOG!!! Beagle, isn't it?
And a super super endearing kitten. However, it refused to wake up to take a photo with me despite repeated shakings..
Finally, decent pictures of Ratri. Ahhhh. Ratri...
On the ferry to Phi Phi Islands. Daniel says the best part of the ferry ride for him was the free biscuits and tea.
Viking Cave, where they harvest bird's nests. Can you see the thin bamboo sticks they use to climb up the eaves? So flimsy and dangerous.
Maya Bay at Phi Phi Ley, where Leo DC's "The Beach" was filmed
Very amusing ferry overflowing with people
Phi Phi Don's Loh Dalum Bay, lovely to walk at low tide
Phi Phi Viewpoint, overlooking the whole of Phi Phi isthmus. Tonsai Bay on the left, Loh Dalum Bay on the right. This area was totally devastated by the tsunami. Tragic.
The viewpoint is merely 186 metres above sea level, but I felt as if I was climbing like a million and one steps. My calves and thighs couldn't stop aching for 3 days, and I swear my legs were gelatinous when I finally made it back down the hill. They couldn't stop trembling.
My favourite Thailand food: sausage (usually deep-fried) and tod man pla!!! Thai fishcakes, yummy. (I know I don't look too enthused.. Was really tired.)
Another of those lovely floral creations you see at most hotels.
Laguna Golf Club, very scenic and very pricey drinks. There's a bird airing it's armpits. I think it's an egret, or a crane. But I haven't seen black/grey cranes before so I'm not so sure.
The spider that had the audacity to land on my arm. I didn't kill it though. I was feeling a little merciful that day.
Bang Pae Waterfall. Very cool and refreshing waters, and after washing your hands in it you feel like your hands have become softer...
The Karon Viewpoint, also known as the Three Bays Viewpoint. That's (from the bottom up) Kata Noi Beach, Kata Beach and Karon Beach. I like Kata Noi beach best.
View from Cape Panwa viewpoint. I think it's called Khao Khad... So many boats!
Crapppppp I don't want to be back. I don't want to go teach tuition :( I don't want to continue living in this limbo. Sigh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home