not only blue, but made of cheese
On top of hanging around Indians for 2 days straight, I WENT BACK TODAY! Hahaha. Ven and I did a touristy tour of Singapore's heritage areas today, starting at Kampong Glam and ending at Lil India.
Today, I tasted the best basmati rice I've ever eaten in my life, and walked so much till my lower back hurt. Of course, that might have something to do with all the crap I've been eating. We passed by costumes shops in full Halloween decor, and the No. 1 Costume Shop in Singapore (they claim) had a full-sized BATMOBILE at its door! Complete with stainless steel exhaust pipes! Omg! Haha too bad we didn't have our cameras today :(
Urm, what else. Yes, the briyani rice has already been mentioned... Oh I went to change some Aussie dollars. I have decided to change my spare cash before I spend them! I have a bad habit of doing that to spare cash.
Yes, yy, I sound happier cos I AM happier! Thanks to my wonderful friends. :) Although I think we've been meeting up so much that they're sick of me already. I have exactly 10 days to occupy myself (tuition days are counted as half-days) till Dan comes back! No, don't tell me the bullshit that time flies cos it sure as hell felt like eternity.
I tried on a lovely bright green dress that was going for $25! It was floaty and flirty and chiffon, but I didn't like the V-cut and it didn't show off my butt well. But $25! Hahaha. And there was this beautiful enameled compact going for $35. Lovely. We went textile-hunting at the sari shops and I found this beautiful panel that has a maple-leaf like print on it. SO lovely. $30 for 6 metres! Or more, since it's those sari cloths that go on forever. Ven bought it and promised to make me something nice. A dress, I hope. Like a sundress. Flirty floaty and fun.
OOOH. Moment of hilarity for the day:
We walked by Khansama's today (which I WILL go back someday) and the Indians doing the 拉客-ing said to me:
KonnichiFA! Oishii Indian food! Irrashaimase!
Ven and I were like, wtf? Did I look like a Jap tourist? We couldn't stop laughing. Especially when he said konnichiFA. Initially I thought he was saying something like gong-xi-fa-chai cos I heard the "FA", but that'd have been strange cos it's not CNY yet.
And we came to the conclusion that Indians desperately need to lose some weight, not only for their healths, but also because their pathways are soooooo terribly narrow.
Ven says we must complete our heritage tour circuit and go to Chinatown next. We-lll, I don't mind actually, as long as I get to eat dim sum there. :)
***
In last night's news, I went to Geylang for durian. The fruits and chin chow after that were good, but nothing beats a good show of fishballs. I mean, cleavage. I can't believe women would degrade themselves to 2 melons and act so damn proud of it that they're with a man (who's not always above-average-looking) who's obviously with them only for what's between their legs. I feel so ashamed on their behalf. It's worse when you see china women look with disgust at their fellow countrymates. What's so bad about being a dimsum waitress?? It sure beats selling flesh. I know the money's not as quick, but self-worth is priceless. As for "fishballs", everytime I see jiggly breasts ready to spill out of the inevitably low-cut top, I remember Ven telling me of how she threw her fishballs down the bleachers cos she hates fishballs. And she had fun watching them bounce. Ewwww. My rationale is that the bouncier the fishballs, the futher away you should stay from them. My other friends, upon hearing then Ven-and-the-bouncy-fishballs story all conclude in unison that the fishballs were Dodo brand.
Ok, whatever, I don't care. I don't eat fishballs either.
Note to self: I NEED TO GET BACK TO MY BIKE LESSONS, DAMMIT.
***
Phuket phuket phuket, I cannot wait. I cannnnnooooootttttt wait! Omg. Phuket! Again! So exciting! :D
***
Here are some pictures of the view from a 25th storey flat. Very breezy and cool, and you don't get traffic noise despite the block being so close to the expressway. Great place to live in.
Countdown till Dan gets back: another freakin' 13 days

1 Comments:
I abosolutely detest little india!! But glad you're happier now :) Daniel's coming back real soon! wow, time flies.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home