the moon is blue
You know the moon is blue when I (voluntarily) hang around with Indians for 2 consecutive days.
On Deepavali, Venetia and I went to Aunt Magis' home for visiting. Her house is AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL. And the food was freaking good. I love love love the fish briyani. Too bad it only keeps for 2 days even if I froze it. And! There was this cute lil boy! :D We made him pose with Ven's oversized Marc Jacobs shades. Totally adorable.
Ven says I look really happy in this photo:
His shirt says "cheeky little rascal"! :D He's gonna be a heartbreaker when he grows up.
And now for pictures of Aunt Magis' home... Bloody amazing. It's like stepping into a mini museum for cultural artefacts. Damn blooding beautiful.
And Indians give angbaos too! Purple packets, rather. But still... Extra $10 for me. Too bad I'm "new" cos all the regular kids got $50 each. Damn.
And on Tuesday, the day immediately after Deepavali, we went to Lil India!!! Yes, OMG XY indeed. We had incredibly good Khulfi, or North Indian ice cream. Astounding.
The dish on the left holds my lavender ice cream with crushed pistachio, and the other is mango ice cream with almonds. Look at the table and the dish and the spoon! My god. So beautiful. I just don't know how to describe it.
We also went to do some threading... Which hurt. A lot. I'm such a sucker. And I bought $10 worth of Indian sweets!!! Yummy. I allow myself to eat them only once a year, else I end up the size of our regular Indian friends.....
***
Just a thought: I would like my future husband to MAKE me my wedding band.
***
In other news, I cleared 2 cubby holes in my bookshelf.
I found my stash of hotel amenities from Centara Karon Hotel, Phuket. This hotel provides the most amenities I've ever come across:
Shampoo, conditioner, body soap, body lotion, mouthwash, sunblock, sewing kit, shower cap, comb, shaving kit, vanity kit (nail buffing board), and of course, matches. And on the first day when you check-in, also provided are a pouch of bath salts.
Mmmm. I love bath tubs. Especially when they're chic black granite bath tubs with orange lantern lights in the bathroom. Just like Moevenpick. Man, those were the $45-a-night-for-5*-hotel days.
I think it's the mini bottles that capture my attention, cos whenever I take the amenities I almost never use them. What a waste of resources.
I CANNOT WAIT TO GO PHUKET!!!!!! PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET PHUKET!!! Countdown till Dan gets back: 15 freakin' days!

1 Comments:
hello! i'm glad you enjoyed your past few days and you sound loads happier and your countdown meter is back so that's a good sign and you can't wait to go phuket which is also a good sign haha!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home