broken and battered, just waiting to be fried

Sunday, October 12, 2008

i feel like crap.

There's just no other way to say it: I feel like crap. Like, big crap. Gigantor crap. Titanic crap. Crap like no other crap. It's bad enough that Dan has to be part of the advanced party, going over a week early. It's bad enough that the whole thing has to add up to 5 weeks. But leaving on my birthday??? That's like the icing on the cake. Except that the cake's made of crap. I spent an hour yesterday bawling my eyes out till I couldn't breathe 'cos my nose was too blocked and my ducts couldn't drain the fluids away quick enough. And because of that we had to queue half an hour to get into Sushi Tei for our dinner. So much for "leaving early" so we didn't have to queue. Yesterday was crappy 'cos we were arguing in the morning and through the afternoon. I guess I was just picking a fight. Sometimes emotions come out in other ways, like how some people laugh when they're scared or nervous, and cry when they're happy. Shit it's like Tekong all over again, when I bawled on him in front of millions of recruits and parents before we parted at the ferry terminal. Sigh... That was so super embarrassing. But it's the pain you feel inside that's worse than the embarrassment.

Anyhow, Dan with his super tolerant nature, we had a great dinner at Sushi Tei. After that, we headed to East Coast Park to sit and enjoy the sea breeze. It was drizzling slightly so seeing us would've been quite a funny sight: a couple on the bench with a hugeass golf umbrella. Passers-by probably thought we were using the umbrella to shield us from prying eyes while we did naughty things. For the record, we didn't. To top off the ridiculous ensemble, we went to Macs drive-thru and ordered a milkshake..............and an "extra-large cup of ice". (drive-thru attendant went "extra-large cup of....what???") What was the ice for?? I was ready to lie that I twisted my ankle but Macs has always had better service (in my opinion) than other fast food outlets so no hiccups there. Oh yeah, the ice was for the mini bottle of wine we brought along. So imagine this: a couple on the bench in the drizzle under the huge golf umbrella with an "ice bucket" from Macs with a mini bottle of wine in it. So hilarious, we couldn't stop laughing at ourselves.

Thereafter, we went driving around the ECP carparks and looking at the various creative means people use to cover the windows of their cars. I can't believe that the windows really steamed up. I've always thought the phrase "hot, steamy sex" to be figurative... There were newspapers, trashbags, pieces of fabric............ Don't they feel terribly uncomfortable? It's cramped, suffocating and totally vulnerable. Anyone could knock on your window at anytime! I suggested to Dan that we should propose to the Tourism Board that this be included as a stop in the Uniquely Singapore tour. I don't think you'll find such a phenomenon anywhere else in the world.

So I shall be tearing on and off for the next few days. Those who are unfortunate enough to be in my company please be prepared with tissues...

Before he left, Dan bought me a $270 French evening watch (yes, ouch) which was too pretty to resist:

A professional and entrepreneurial class known as the bourgeoisie emerged in nineteenth-century France, embracing the new era of industrial growth, artistic innovation, and social freedom. Through the century, many astute French jewelry houses provided jewelry for this professional class that was eager to take part in Parisian fashion. Our French Evening Watch is based on an original 19th-century French timepiece that is inset with a diamond border, crown, and a decorative loop, and features Roman numerals to designate the hours. Produced in cooperation with the Musée des Arts décoratifs, Paris.

And, with the cost of Sushi Tei dinner at $70.40, he concluded that my birthday this year is "very expensive". Understatement, dude. So it's only fair that I get him his coveted Oakley's next year. Alright. Since you've been so nice.......

My brother gave me $60 worth of vouchers from Ben & Jerry's, Haagen-Dazs and Andersen's of Denmark, which is way cool considering everyone has been telling me to drown my sorrows in a tub of ice cream. I wonder if the milk's from China though...

Dan's church friends "surprised" me with a piece of cake at the airport while sending Dan off, along with an unlit candle because no one thought to bring a lighter. Haha brilliance. So, I didn't get to make my birthday wish. Boohoo. Oh, by "surprised", I used quotation marks 'cos I half-expected them to pull something like that. Haha yes, I'm just no fun. They also got me a box of Newman's liqueur chocolates, which had such a description on it: A naughty assortment of milk and dark chocolate liqueur truffles. With such a kinky descriptive.... Who can resist huh? But then now, I have no one to share it with. (No, no, all of you go away, I'll only share with Dan.)

Dan just texted me to say the plane'll be taking off soon, and that if I "get a weekday boyfriend make sure he's better than me". Shit. Excuse me while I go use up yet another box of tissues.

1 Comments:

Blogger grace said...

aww :(
he'll be back soon!

p.s (he bought the watch!!! )

Monday, October 13, 2008 1:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home