broken and battered, just waiting to be fried

Monday, October 13, 2008

at the stroke of midnight.........

.............the magical carriage turns back into a pumpkin.

That's it. No more. I'm no longer nineteen or anything-teen, and now twenty. I've kind of gotten over feeling old; after all an age is only a number. But it feels like I've not accomplished much in my 20 years. Then again, I realise I've forged some amazing friendships. Can YOU imagine that we've been friends AND in contact for 10 years? Wow. That's all my fingers. Very soon, it'd be all my fingers AND toes.

So here's to all the cakes (with lit and unlit candles), chocolates, angbaos, presents and well-wishes, the calls from all over the world (Down Under and Thailand, imagine that), the card from Perth, the free Macs frappe, the grudging one-arm hug, the almost-late and super-late greetings, driving me around even while you struggle to stay awake and forcing me to go out so I'd be distracted from the fact that Dan's not in SG anymore. You realise that love is all around, just a different kind of love from the one you're craving for.

And then you also realise that this year, your hit rate of greetings is twice, maybe triple, that of last year's, thanks to Facebook and it's super connectivity, helping everyone keep track of everyone's birthdays.

The carriage is gone and the princess is back in her rags, thank YOU all for the questionably wonderful day, but life goes on back to normal now that it's past midnight. May the gifts last for a while yet.

P.S.: Please send me the photos you/we took!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home