broken and battered, just waiting to be fried

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

gluttony........ in excess

I have been eating enough, in one month, to feed a small African nation.

30 Aug: Hard Rock feast with Urs and her mom/bro/sis...

13 Sep: unlucky 13th birthday dinner (food was superb though)...

14 Sep: Mooncake festival!!! My ultimate indulgence was 大中国's 4-yolk moooncake which was O.M.G.-SO-GOOD that Daniel and I finished the whole thing at a go. I love 大中国. It beats ANY brand of hotel mooncake hands down. Anytime.

8 Sep & 16 Sep, respectively: Tea at Canale with Urs and mom/sis and then her birthday dinner at Crystal Jade...

20 Sep: Akira with Daniel and Urs...


(clockwise from sashimi: sashimi of maguro, salmon, kajiki, yellowfin; soft-shell crab handroll; agedashi tofu; saba shioyaki; unagi; hotate teppanyaki; tenpura of golden mushroom, soft-shell crab, sweet potato, lady's finger, eggplant, ebi)

22 Sep: Coca with TGYY today...

The FIVE (yes, five) cheesecakes I've baked in ONE MONTH...

(That's a grand total of 7.5 blocks, or 1.875kg, of Philly cream cheese)

ENDLESS SUPPERS of dimsum and other crap with Zhili, and midnight snacks of Haagen-Dazs ice cream by the tub.

YES, all the above in one month. That's under 30 days. Seriously.

Despite being unhealthy, I can't help but feel that life is good.

Speaking of which, my side seems to be having spectacular sunsets recently. Look!

Today my tuition girls (primary 2) were really really really funny.

Girl 1: Teacher, do you have a boyfriend?
Me: What do you think?
Girl 2: Of course she has lah!
Girl 1: I think you have!
Me: Ok, I have.
Girl 1: HOW MANY???? (so flattered! she thinks I'm worthy of many boyfriends at one time!)
Girl 2: One only lah!
Me: (tries to be serious) You see, boyfriends are like husbands: can only have one at a time
(after the words left my mouth I realised I shouldn't be teaching divorce to 8-year-old kids!!!)
Girl 1: MY MOMMY GOT MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY BOYFRIENDS!!!!
Me: ... ... ...oh dear.

And also...

Girl 2: Teacher, can I see your ring?
(I show her my plain silver ring)
Girl 2: Got no diamond???
(I show her my diamond ring)
Girl 2: Is it real???
Girl 3: OF COURSE IT'S REAL LAH!
Me: Yes, it's real.
Girl 2: I want to buy also.

They can be really hilarious when they're not trying to scream my ear drums to bursting.

My Korean kid was being funny too, gasp. He was trying to describe his classmate to me, of whom he calls 大象. He says that this friend's "stomach is so big! Like a hippopotamus!".

Goodness gracious. My Korean kid isn't very slim himself... Kids can be quite so hurtful to each other.

AND! I PASSED MY PRAC 4!!!! Now to get stuck at Prac 5. Shit.

Reminder to self: have to buy stickers for the girls and Children's Day presents. Gawd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home