Statement quotes
Sometimes I feel that people who adamantly declare that the world should love and accept them for who they are are truly shortsighted and selfish. Yes, we should be respected as individuals and, of course, you shouldn't befriend people who can't accept you for who you are. As Shakespeare did say, "A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”
In all honesty, this whole accept-me-for-who-I-am bullshit is starting to go a bit too far.. In fact I think people just fall back on such quotes as a sort of excuse so they wouldn't have to bother to put a lid on what shortcomings they know they are guilty of.
As I always say, it's alright if you make your life about yourself and solely yourself, but you shouldn't make other people's lives about you too. It doesn't matter what shit you do to yourself and put yourself through, but it cannot boil over onto other people's lives.
Yeah I'm guilty of a million shortcomings myself for sure. I'm impatient, I'm short-tempered, I'm unreasonable, I'm OCD, I'm particular about all the wrong things, I'm abrasive, I'm blunt and just lack the tact that most normal people are born with. But I make an effort not to impose these bad traits onto other people.
I'm just so sick and tired of all these individualistic crap and how we need to be individuals and to hell with what people think because I'm my own individual. Well, you know what? In my opinion, placing such importance on the need for individualism just disproves the whole point of it. It only serves to show that you're so insecure about yourself you constantly need to assert your apparent "individualism".

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home